The winter season can be harsh for your skin, hair, immune system, eyes, and smile. Cold temperatures can lead to higher incidences of flu, dry eyes, migraines, and cracked lips.
Here are 5 Ways to Save Your Smile This Winter :
1) Moisturize : Using lip balm to lubricate dry and cracked lips will help guard against angular cheilitis.
2) Drink Water : Staying hydrated will help prevent bad breath caused by dry mouth during the winter time, a time in which your body uses extra water reserves to hydrate the skin and systemic organs.
3) Use Oraboost : Oraboost is a revolutionary new gingival nutraceutical that helps provide fresh breath and keep your gums healthy.
4) Use a Nightguard : During the winter the incidences of clenching and grinding can increase due to a higher rate of migraines. Ask your dentist if you need a nightguard to help prevent bone loss and gum recession associated with cold temperature based clenching and grinding.
5) Don’t Chew Ice: Chewing ice can lead to teeth to fracture and enamel to wear down. During the winter time teeth can have increased sensitivity associated with cold temperatures. Chewing ice can lead to further sensitivity as well.
No matter how bad the winter is, nothing can replace visiting your dentist at least once every 6 months. If your visit to the dentist is overdue its not too late to visit Kempton Smile with DR S. Kholvadia, one of the most popular and affordable dentists in Kempton Park. Kempton Smile is a renowned Dental Practice based in Kempton Park for more than 12 years now.
Dr S Kholvadia is a healthcare practitioner, specialising as a Dentist, in Kempton Park. Kempton Smile is a family and cosmetic dental practice operating at Kempton Square next to Pick ‘n Pay, at Kempton Park.
(source: http://www.persianobserver.com)Leave a reply